- ‘Kathara Deftera’ it’s a custom that all the Greek residents and, in our case, the residents of Neos Marm aras, are gathered at the coast line of the area and taste the local fresh seafood, fly their kites and celebrate.
- 50 days after Easter, we celebrate ‘Pentecost’. It is a 3-day celebration, from Saturday until Monday. The residents, most of them descendants of the first refugees from Asia Minor, organize events to reminisce about their Old Homeland, Marmaras at ‘Propontida’. Festivities conclude on Monday with the representation of a traditional wedding ceremony, dancing and singing.
- At the 1st of May, the residents of Neos Marmaras always visit near areas in the mountains areas in order to barbeque and have fun.
- In late May and late September, the International music & folk dance festival competition “NEOS MARMARAS CUP” is taking place. The festival hosts over 3.000 artists from all over the world.
- On July 27, the memory of ‘Agios Panteleimonas’, ‘Patron Saint’ of the adjacent settlement, ‘Parthenonas’, is celebrated. As tradition requires, grilled meat and local delicacies are offered to locals and visitors alike.
- On August 29, we celebrate the memory of our patron saints, after which the church in Neos Marmaras is named, ‘Pammegistoi Taksiarxes’, with festivities on the main square.
- International swimming marathon in the Τoroneos gulf in near the Nikiti Sithonia crossing in July
- International North Aegean Sailing Cup in July, hosted at Porto Carras
- Crossing over Dragoudelis Mountain in November
- Christmas Racing Cup, Sailing Cup in December